THE MEDICAL PROBLEMS
- Most of the miners are suffering from some sort of medical condition.
- Almost all of them have teeth ailments including bleeding gums and cavities.
- Many have skin problems from the humidity and dirty conditions in the mine, including boils, acne, psoriasis and eczema.
- Many also have chesty coughs from the dust-filled air.
- The air quality has been judged ‘poor to severe’ since 700,000 tons of rock crashed down around them on August 5.
- Chile’s health minister Jaime Manalich refused to comment on reports that some miners had become depressed during their ordeal but did concede: ‘We have sedatives like Valium available for those who need it.
- ‘We have one man, I cannot give his name, who suffers panic attacks in confined spaces.
- 'He has been OK so far but he is medicated and will almost certainly need to be sedated on the way up.’
p/s: I just cant imagine trapped underground for 66 days. Apart from that, get prepared for another "forever underground session".